Join My Cashflow Newsletter

Cashflow Newsletter
Email Address:
First Name:

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"Three Words Guaranteed To Make Your Sales

"Three Words Guaranteed To Make Your Sales
Letter Fail...Get Rid Of Them And Watch
Your Responses Skyrocket!"

When reviewing clients' ads, sales letters, brochures, and other sales pieces there are
Three words that always need to be deleted to make the letter more effective in generating responses.
Before you hear what the words are, let's make sure that you know where the
emphasis of your ads or letters should be. The emphasis, of course, should always be on
your customer.
You'll want to speak to your reader’s needs, wants, desires, and fears.
That's how you'll be able to get your message into your prospects' emotional level
brain so that your customer will take action. Remember, all decisions are made on an
emotional basis first and then justified by logic later.
And the best way to get to your prospects emotional brain is to speak of the benefits
your customer receives by purchasing your product/service...not the features...but the
benefits.
As a reminder, BENEFITS are the RESULTS your customer will receive by doing
business with you and features are the distinguishing characteristics of your
product/service.
It's great that your product/service has distinguishing characteristics (features) that
separate you from your competition, however, if you show your prospect the desired
RESULTS you can provide, then you're showing your customers the BENEFITS
received by purchasing your products/services.
Okay, so what are these three words guaranteed to make your ads and sales letters
fail?
They are the words that completely take the focus off of your customer...these three
words do not speak to your customers' emotions...these three words do nothing to instill
desire in your prospect for your product/service...the three words to get rid of in your ads
and sales letters are, "I...Me...My".
These three words put the emphasis and spotlight on you, the writer, instead of your
customer/prospect. There is no way for you to communicate to your reader's emotions if
you only speak about yourself ("I, me, my"). You've got to be writing to your reader,
about your reader and your reader's hopes, desires,. wants, dreams, and fears.
That's how you get them to respond to your offer.
Now here's something that you may find interesting.
Have you noticed that in this discussion, that the words "I, me, or my" have not been
used?
YOU...have been the complete focus of this discussion...YOU and YOUR customers
and prospects.
And at first it's pretty hard to get the words "I, me, my" out of your writing.
Why is that, you ask?
Well, it's because of...you guessed it...your own emotions.
All humans, "way down deep", are only interested in their own wants and desires.
That's "way down deep" on the subconscious levels (remember the article about the three
brains and how to communicate with each).
So that's why it's hard at first to get rid of these three words.
But fortunately for your bank account, you can learn to delete "I, me, my" from your
vocabulary and learn to turn phrases into "you, your, and yours" that put the spotlight
where it belongs, which is on your customer/prospect.
This one little change in your ads and letters will increase your effectiveness and your
results immediately.
So here's what you do now.
Go through your ads and letters and re-write any sentence that has the words "I, me,
my" in them. By doing this, you'll automatically have to place the spotlight on your
customers, which will help you communicate the desired results (benefits) of your
product/service to your customers own wants and desires.
Now sometimes it just seems impossible to get around using an "I, me, or my" in a
sentence (but make sure you don't give up too easy). When this occurs, use the words
"we, us, our" instead. This will soften the focus on "I, me, my" and give you a little
springboard to get back to using the words "you, your, yours". But make sure that you've
tried every which way to phrase the sentence using "you, your, yours" first.

No comments:

DIG IT NEWS